Sunday, February 07, 2010

"The gods are angry," he said, but I had used the lightning myself.

I'm just in a blog-updating sort of mood. This is just a general update on all aspects of me writing.

Uhmmmm I've been writing...off-and-on.....Yes? :D No, really, I have. I've worked on my experimental, a bit more on Alice, and fiddled in Drem. And, of course, I've been writing a ton of papers and am currently procrastinating a 5-page beauty on The Merchant of Venice and Hamlet. I just can't decide the best way to combine those two plays in a paper. It may involve Jessica and Horatio. Or not.

A couple of weekends from now is another writing workshop I am attending. It's sorta the same deal I went to before, but with another writer in addition to the guy before. I'm sorta excited and sorta intimidated again.

I've been reading Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series, which, while VERY fun, leaves a LOT to be desired. I loved that Dionysus, or Mr. D, got a lot of screen-time in the third book.....I enjoyed reading Riordan's take on the Theseus/Ariadne/Dionysus/Minotaur/etc legend. But of course, this made me want to continue HHNF SOOOO MUCH. OM NOM NOM NOM. So I'm trying to resist that. What also really amuses me is that Riordan didn't mention that the original Perseus was very much responsible for Ariadne's death....I felt like that would have been a great thing to mention, seeing as Mr. D hates, or pretends to hate, Percy Jackson all the time. ^_^ It's cool though because reading Riordan's version, I don't feel the desire to copy him in the least, but I did get a couple of ideas for remastering Ariadne's string and the labyrinth, which I've always felt could do with a lot of fixing in my version.

1 comment:

Snazel said...

I approve of everything and anything which makes you work on HHNF. :D And I guess I don't know very much about Greek Myths? Just enough to make vauge and silly connections with characters. Um, yeah. I like Percy Jackson too. yay writing!