Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Victorian Challenge and LOTR Read-a-long

Um, I SAY YES? And I think you should too. Because Victorian Lit is AWESOME, let's face FACTS.

I'm going to sign up for the Great Expectations level in Bethany's challenge, which means you read 5-9 Victorian lit books (books published in England between 1837-1901). Go to the link above for full rules.

Read:
Idylls of the King by Alfred Lord Tennyson
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
The Lifted Veil by George Eliot
In A Glass Darkly by Sheridan Le Fanu

TBR:
The Portrait of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Kim by Rudyard Kipling

On a completely different, and yet still fabulously awesome, note, I'm also going to participate in The Story Girl's Lord of the Rings read-a-long. I wanted to read it again this year anyway and this is a good shedjool. Go to the link for rules and the schedule.

I will edit this post throughout the year for titles/reviews, and links to LotR read-a-long posts. I am super excited for 2011!!!

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Ooh! LOTR Read a long! That's a challenge!

Hope you enjoy the Victorian challenge.

Snazel said...

Um, Victorian Lit and I are not always friends. Or, ever friends, to be frank. But the LOTR read-a-long sounds lovely!

LL said...

Thanks for joining the LOTR readalong! I am also doing the Victorian Challenge. It should be a good reading year.