Sunday, April 05, 2009

"And then they laugh at him, and beat him."

I might cry. Or laugh. It's in committee.

I've been posting my ScriptFrenzy as I've been writing it over on my friends-only LJ. You know that character, Rogue? All of my readers LOVE him! WHY? WHY, O MUSES, WHY???? To me, he's one of those slimy good-bad types that's over-the-top good-looking and ought to be PUNCHED or beaten with a large, blunt object. There are way too many hunky "gray area" guys in literature, let's face it. And I love Han Solo and Boba Fett as much as anyone.
Breathe, Bahnree, Breathe. Rogue exists for me to make fun of myself, and I'm going to stick to that goal, no matter how many females love him. 

The GOOD news is that I'm up to 18 pages on my script! Yay! I not only caught up completely today (I was aiming for 15 by tonight) but am ahead a bit! :D Wootage. It's all thanks to a super epic scene wherein Alec told people how it was several times, Conrade yelled a lot, and Rogue let people know stuff only because it suited him. Oh, and I created another character on the spot: The Serpent, a professional assassin. I know, how original. I just needed an assassin. I don't even know if it's a chick or a dude!

Oh, and I keep forgetting to post this, my Screnzy profile: http://www.scriptfrenzy.org/eng/user/200913

2 comments:

Snazel said...

Rogue is fun- but Alec is made of win. Seriously, I'm just going to slip him something in his drink and cart his unconscious body home. *nods* That's how it's got to be!

Kemendraugh said...

We're a nasty, mean lot, it's true. But you knew we like the scoundrels, dear. *pats* I'll try not to love him too much. And anyways, Jas's right; Alec beats Rogue solid.
Whoever the Serpent decides to be, I approve. Any story is better for an assassin or two! They're like curses *grin*