Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Another writing survey

1. Your genre(s)?
Fantasy, mostly, or a weird mix of normal with sci-fi and fantasy. I've TRIED writing normal stuff, and I got the weirdest story ever. So. I've given up on normal for now.

2. How many books have you completed?
Technically....well.....2? I really don't know what Tasliri counts as-holy cow something huge just fell past my window...um...freaky?

3. How many books are you working on right now?
LOL I just did a post on this earlier so I won't list them all again.

4. Are you a linear or chunk writer?
Linear. My brain is too organized for chunk writing, although I do attempt it once in a while.

5. The POV you're most partial to?
3rd limited or omniscient. 1st is fun because you really get in their head, but then you're stuck with the one character.

6. The theme that keeps cropping up in your books?
Hmm....really attractive main characters? Blarg. Also snark, happy endings, and I realized today that somehow TWO of my big projects have vampires in them. ???? I hate vampires. So I don't even get it. BUT they're not important parts of the story. And they don't glitter. So I can live with myself.

7. How many days a week do you write?
Seven in November. :P I blog almost every day, but "real" writing happens twice a week, usually.

8. What time of day do you get your best writing done?
Evening.

9. Who are your mentors?
CHRIS BATY! :P No just kidding he's just inspiration. Mrs. Nissila I counted on a lot in high school. Gaia's a lot of help, but not really a mentor?

10. Who are your favorite authors to read? (different from mentors)
Oh here we go: Tolkien, Fyodor Dostoevsky, CS Lewis, Jane Austen, Timothy Zahn, Michael Stackpole, Diana Wynne Jones, Hilari Bell, Terry Pratchett, Cornelia Funke, Elizabeth Pope, Jasper Fforde, Ursula K Leguin, William Shakespeare, Kevin Crossley-Holland, and Robert Louis Stevenson.

PS-I added a blogroll on the right with my fave writing blogs.

No comments: