Sunday, August 01, 2010

Read-a-thon Update 3

I am just NOT in the mood for Andersen...I can't even talk about it. But here' s the remainder of my read-a-thon reading.

How To Be A Pirate by Cressida Cowell: Awww this book was too cute! I laughed out loud several times too. I liked it more than the first one, because both Hiccup and Fishlegs get more skillz and Toothless isn't QUITE as impossible. XD Stoick and Hiccup's father-son relationship is just out of control cute! This book was only 211 pages (including drawings) but too bad. :D
How To Speak Dragonese: 222 pages. Romans! Nanodragons! Frightening Foreigners 101! Sharkworms! Dragon-nappers! Kick-butt female!
I love these books.
"The Ice Maiden" by Hans Christian Andersen (fairy tale): Not to be confused with "The Snow Queen," btw. 32 pages. I loved the fact that "Vertigo" was a character in this, and that he's an assassin sent by the Ice Maiden to get Rudy, a little boy, killed. Rudy didn't have the common decency to die when the Ice Maiden had him in her clutches, so of course she has a grudge now. XD So the villains are awesome; Rudy, not so much. He's like an Andersenian jock. :P And Babette the love interest is properly brainless and swoony.

6 comments:

Snazel said...

Those, um, don't really sound so jolly. Not really.

Bahnree said...

I'M SORRY FORGIVE ME WORLD!
Awww....I like the "How To" books.... *big eyes*

Ice Maiden was lame. Except for Vertigo. He rocked.

Snazel said...

Hmmmmmm, Vertigo DOES sound like something cool. :P But does he have crimson nails?

Bahnree said...

Er. No.

Snazel said...

*cough* sorry. Thinking of the U2 song.

Bahnree said...

OH RIGHT lol. XD