Sunday, October 05, 2008

they say that a hero can save us

So I managed to spend a couple hours this weekend pre-writing for Nano. :D I was pretty productive, although I mostly worked on the "other world" and its characters. If I haven't mentioned it, the main story revolves around 5 teens who get launched into another world. No one knows how, or why. Yeah, it's been done. But I'm gonna do it DIFFERENTLY! Plus I've always wanted to, so it should be fun. :D But yeah, I've got a cool other-species that I'm pretty proud of, called the mossinae.
The real world characters will have to wait for a spare moment this week, or this weekend. But that's okay, because they've had more work done than the rest. LOL sounds like plastic surgery.
Here's the soundtrack as it sounds now (Chester is still in here cuz I'm still trying to figure out what to do about him.....names in parentheses means it's that person's themesong):
It's a Disaster by Ok Go
Anywhere Is by Enya
Uninvited by Alanis Morrissette (Malory/Chester)
Ways & Means by Snow Patrol (Chester-omg this song fits him so well, it's SOOO creepy!!!)
Hero by Nickelback (Will)
Butterflies and Hurricanes by Muse (Dane)
How Far We've Come by Matchbox 20

5 comments:

Pine Cone Boy said...

Soundtracks is good. My soundtrack is the entire album "The Slip" by Nine Inch Nails. Bweh heh heh, I predict issues.

Kemendraugh said...

Wow. I love the idea of a soundtrack. So many times I've heard a song and gone, "Wow, that is such-and-such-a-character to a tee." But I've never gone and wrote them all down before! You are so smart, roomie. I'ma gonna copy you once again! *trips off to do so*
P.S Pre-writing ftw! I get to research guns now. *is happeh*

Bahnree said...

@ Zack: oh my!
@ Kendra: Yeah, songs "speak" to me about characters all the time. And I love seeing what other ppl's soundtracks are, cuz it says a LOT about a story. :D So I look forward to seeing yours/anyone else's.

Snazel said...

Wow. *grins in awe*

I was just in a default state of looking forward to your novel. But I wasn't really obsessive yet. And then I listened to those songs. And yes, now I'm officially fired up and obsessive.

So you are not even ALLOWED to not finish this time. You are SO finishing the complete story. Otherwise I will be forced to hitchike to Oregon and deprive you of Root Beer until you do. It's just that simple!

Bahnree said...

ROFL! "default state"?????

no pressure, huh???????