Monday, November 01, 2010

Nanowrimo '10 Day 1

HAI GUYZ!

Wordcount: 3,310. Bitches.

Places I wrote: my room, my Old English class, my Latin class, and in a grocery store cafe (this last was the first regional write-in)

Characters I introduced:
Well, Ariadne and Dionysus were there of course, and Hermes made an appearance. New characters included:
  • Ektor, a bodyguard
  • Phoebe, a cook
  • Kali and Vishnu, tigers
  • Halla, a babysitter
  • Unnamed Dionysus-follower, who was unexpectedly interesting and I may have to name him
Phoebe and Halla might get renamed; I didn't have internet at the time so I just grasped at Greek-sounding names but I don't know if they're actually Greek. Teh lolz.

Lessons I re-learned:
  • Day 1 is fun.
  • Writing in class is easy.
  • Regional write-ins are fun.
I forgot how many Wrimo friends I made last year, it was SO much fun to see all of them again! Particularly Darfinkle and Reddening. I sat at a table with this one guy, Eric (screenname: ?), who participated last year but we didn't really talk. We had HILARIOUS times at our table, lol, and he gave me my quote of the night:
"I'm not that motivated. My subject matter is freaking me out."
Tomorrow is my LONG day so I'm glad I built a small buffer today. I'll probably need it already! :P

2 comments:

Diana said...

Good luck! I've never tackled NaNoWriMo, but I want to...maybe next year.

Snazel said...

I am so proud of you. :D

Go Stephanie and your unquenchable awesomeness! I am concerned about the presence of tigers in your story, not gonna lie.