Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"And if I perish, I perish."

Wyrd: 30,008
A Good Son: Something over 27k

So I've talked about my moodiness with my novels, have I talked about my paranoia and feverish commitment?
I'm barely managing to keep up with my words right now. Wyrd is something that I do not let myself go to sleep without writing, but A Good Son takes second place so if I have a good writing day, I catch up a little, and if I have a bad writing day, I fall behind again.
Despite my ability to keep reasonably within goal, I have this freakish fear that ANY TIME NOW I'll just suddenly collapse and not be able to write for a week. This is scary because I really do like both of the ideas for these novels, and I know if I give up this month, I either won't return to them or I won't return to them for a long, long time. And I don't want to let them get dusty! MUST FINISH THEM! Hence my feverish commitment.

1 comment:

Snazel said...

I know what you mean. What if I get the flu? Or my computer crashes? Or I just forget to write? That's the fear that keeps me up till 1:30, uh, every night. Though on Monday I was good and went to sleep at only 1:00. :D

BUT YOU CAN DO IT. YOU'RE AWESOME.