Tuesday, November 06, 2007

"Me and Adrastus did WHAT?"

Wordcount: 12,046.
Deaths: Still none, although I'm not sure how Gregorios survived *that*
Sanity: I am 100% certain of my sanity. Which is a bad sign, because crazy people never admit they're crazy.

Ok so I think I need to knock on wood after I say this, but like...this novel is coming so easily for me. I've only had two brief (like, extremely) crises of writer's block. I mean, I guess a lot of it is the fact that I have a solid (even if it's pretty broad) outline. But even so, I'm having a LOT of fun with this one. There's a lot of room to mess around with everyone. And all my characters are consistently fun to write! That might change, but 12k in, I'm feeling pretty good. :D Usually by now I'm ready to throw them all down a large dark hole in the ground. :P
The fact that I'm basically still two days ahead doesn't hurt my general feeling of happiness either.
The only problem I'm having right now is that I can't look two of my characters in the face anymore. LOL! I like them, but....yeah. After somebody made a certain comment about them, they're hard to write in the same place cuz I'm just WAY overthinking their behavior. Whew. Good times, having awkward silences with your characters.

No comments: